Thursday, July 5, 2012

Care To Go On A Journey?


I am emerging from a year of college inquiries, scholarship applications, ACT/transcript monitoring and the high school graduation of my oldest. I had no idea what I was in for when this began nor did I realize the enormity of the "Momma-Do" list.

It is finished. As Fall nears we prepare to send him off into the world of higher academia and his little brother heads off to Junior High. I am exhausted. Not so exhausted that I don't have a trick or two up my sleeve for the fast approaching Halloween season. Care to go on a journey with me?

Let me explain....It was 2007 when we last hosted our annual Halloween party (number 15). I miss it but I find it hard to muster enough energy to take on the huge task that our previous parties, which usually involved renting a venue, hiring a dj and playing host to 100+ guests, entailed. (Makes me shudder just to think of it.) No, that is not an option. But I have a solution.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

It just so happens that this November 1st is the hubs 50th birthday. I have managed to throw a surprise party for him on both his 30th and 40th birthdays and I would hate to drop the ball now.

So, my dark darlings, here's the plan. A birthday bash wrapped in the cloak of a Halloween party for six of our favorite couples. I've been conjuring up this idea for several months. Lists have been made, invitations drafted, decor planned and menu ideas gathered. I invite you to join me in the making of a Halloween party - Ghoulie Girls style.

Stay tuned.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin