Friday, August 17, 2012

Ghoulie Tunes

What a week. This one was rough as we moved our oldest off to college and our youngest started Junior High. The hardest thing to do is let go, but they are both settling in well.

So, as we head into the weekend, I'm breaking out the ol' record player for another dose of Ghoulie Tunes. I'm in a bit of a haunting mood - I hope it suits you my Ghoulie friends.


Several artists have recorded this song including Mel Torme. I've traced it back as far as 1934 and a recording by Roxy Fox and His Dance Orchestra but I chose this version by Marc Almond. The House Is Haunted:


Next up is this fan made video of Alice Cooper's This House Is Haunted. Love the use of the Corpse Bride - very fitting.


We're going to wrap up this session with this version of Come Little Children from Hocus Pocus by Kate Covington. This is a cover (which I would usually not showcase) but this is beautifully done.


Haunt on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin