Monday, February 23, 2009

Bowling for Halloween

I can't bowl to save my soul. I suck! My mother has her own bowling ball and shoes, my uncle was in a weekly league and my grandparents once owned a bowling alley. I'm the only person in my family that cannot throw a bowling ball. ::sigh::

Ok, funny story alert! In the year BC (before children) the hubby, who loves to bowl, decided we needed to go out and enjoy this sport of the lanes with some friends. Oh joy, oh thrill.

Now in these early years I had what could only be referred to as "dragon lady nails". These suckers were long! I could take a swat at you from 50 paces. These things were that wicked.

So, dearest hubby proceeds to instruct me on the ins and outs of bowling (not like everyone in my family hadn't already tried and given up). I line myself up, step towards the lane, bring the ball forward, let 'er rip!

And rip it did but one of my nails went with it! Ball goes in the gutter, dragon lady nail sitting right in the middle of the lane half way to the pins. Oye! To this day when we bowl my husband still has to tell this story.

Tracy is also a bowler. She even received a college scholarship to bowl. Suffice it to say, I'm surrounded by these freaks of nature! But, it got me to thinking...are there bowlers who are also Halloween fanatics? I mean if I was going to take up this sport (ha!) I'd have to have a Halloween themed ball and my team colors would have to be orange and black. A quick checking around the net proved I was not alone in my thinking.

Love this pumpkin bowling ball from BowlingIndex.com

Now we're talking! Orange and black bowling pins from OnlineSports.com


Bowling.com has these great Halloween themed bowling shoes.


I might just have to have Monster Bowling shirt from CafePress.com

Don't have time to hit the lanes (or you suck like me)? No problem! You can play the Original Cat Bowling game right now.


4 comments:

  1. I don't bowl, but I think I need that bowling ball :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I was wondering if I could use it as a prop in our haunted yard or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's my kind of bowling ball! LOVE it!! I enjoyed looking at all your Halloween goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by Holiday Queen! Love the moniker ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin