Friday, June 17, 2011

The Midnight Meat Train

I don't know what's going on in this area but whatever is blowing around has my allergies all riled up. For the better part of the day my right eye has felt like it's going to pop out of my head.

Finally giving up on doing anything constructive, I settled into my beloved recliner for some TV time. I caught a couple of hours of Criminal Minds but I've seen them all a hundred times so I surfed for something good to watch. Obviously TV execs think everyone is out on Friday nights as there was nothing of interest on. Off to FearNet!

After checking out the synopsis on the movie offerings I decided on The Midnight Meat Train. Based on the short story by Clive Barker the movie centers around Leon (Bradley Cooper), a photographer looking to make his way into the big time.



During his late night photo shoots, Leon begins photographing and following a rather ominous and suspicious character who turns out to be a butcher. The butcher (Vinnie Jones) doesn't limit his craft to beef and as Leon unravels the mystery he finds himself and his girlfriend (Leslie Bibb) on a subway train ride to hell.

As one would expect by the title this one is pretty bloody and graphic. I don't care much for gore so I had the fast forward button handy. It was quite suspenseful even though it didn't take me long to figure out where it was going to end.

All in all I'd give it about 3 out of 5 stars. Your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin